Cool Things-to-know-and-do Gems: Miami Beach’s Lincoln Road Mall
October 29th, 2015
Last time we blogged, we promised to give you the inside scoop on what we consider to be a few gems on Lincoln Road Mall (LRM), that world-beloved open-air pedestrian strolling district (between Alton Road and Washington Avenues, and 16th and 17th Streets) in the heart of Miami Beach. Here’s a caveat: those of us who have lived here awhile have watched LRM transform from a bastion of culture-melding quirky fabulousness into a sleek, luxury mall. There are fans and haters of this ongoing change (as with almost any big shift!). We’d love you to have your own gorgeous experiences and opinions. In that spirit, we present the tidbits below…enjoy.
Wishing you a Perfect-For-You-South-Florida week!
Karla, Valeria, Cathy and the Luxury Living Realty Family
- Social Media – LRM has its own party going on. Head to LincolnRoad.com while the swankier LinconRoadMall.com is being constructed, and/or their Facebook page (LRM Facebook)…both will have timely happenings both on the Mall and a block-or-two off, where the offerings are also rich. They’re also on tweeter (@LincolnRoadMall).
- The LRM Farmers Market – who doesn’t love fresh, locally-grown produce and goodies?!
Every Sunday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., between Meridian and Washington Avenues. Yummy.
- LRM Halloween People Watching: when the sun goes down on October 31st, the Halloween-themed costumed strollers flood the mall. Great festive eye candy.
- LRM Antique and Collectible Market – Hunt for treasure, every SECOND Sunday from October-May, as 100 vendors descend on the Mall with their finds, 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m., between the 800 and 1000 blocks of Lincoln Road. Complete dates on the LRM website, and/or call: 305-673-4991.
- Britto Gallery – the Brazilian-born, internationally acclaimed pop artist Romero Britto calls South Florida his home, and his mother-ship gallery calls 818 Lincoln Road its home. You’ll likely know his happy-explosion-of-color work, even if you don’t yet know him.
- Come visit us! – Luxury Living Realty is located in a famous place: 1111 Lincoln Road. Our parking lot is even special…it won multiple global awards for excellence in architecture, and there are tours that regularly include the parking lot as a stop. Also…want to see some of the best views of Lincoln Road and Miami Beach? Feel free to walk up our stairs or take an elevator ride…and, stop by to say hello!